Taste of the Month
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
A healthy and tasty alternative to traditional pizza (gluten free)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut cauliflower florets off of the stalks.
3. Place cauliflower florets into a food processor or blender and blend until it looks similar to the consistency of pieces of rice.
4. Cook cauliflower for 4-6 minutes in large pan. Do not brown. Let cauliflower cool.
5. After cauliflower has sufficiently cooled, place about 1/2 cup in center of a napkin. Close napkin and ring out water from cauliflower until no more water can be rung out of the cloth. This may take several minutes and multiple attempts.
6. Cook cloves of garlic lightly in olive oil and set aside.
7. Beat two eggs in a separate bowl. Set aside.
8. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese and eggs into a large bowl. Mix. Add garlic, salt and pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend with hands until you form a ball of "dough"-like substance.
9. Place cauliflower "dough" ball on a flat surface, place a piece of plastic on top and flatten dough into a round pizza shape, about 8 inches across.
10. Place crust on parchment paper on a pizza pan or baking tray.
11. Cook cauliflower crust in oven on 425 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Turn pizza crust over.
12. Add your favorite tomato sauce.
13. Add about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese depending on your taste.
14. Add desired toppings.
15. Bake pizza in oven on 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until center and cheese is melted.
16. Remove from oven. It will be hot. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.